All artwork posted on this blog are Copyright by Dave Baer, unless otherwise specified, and may not be reproduced in any form without written consent from owner. Otherwise a curse of wretched, skin itching nano-mites be upon ye!

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Nice Sprite

Did this little guy after seeing him in a music video by Miguel Ortega and Tran Ma. (Original character design credit goes to Miguel Ortega and Tran Ma)

I really liked the subsurface scattering in him and wanted to try my hand at recreating it as it is something I've not done before. That, plus it's adorable! :)


Here's a breakdown:



And finally, here's a link to the Skrillex - Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites music video by Miguel Ortega and Tran Ma.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey Miguel! I didn't realize you posted this until now but thanks a lot! I hope I did your design justice. :)

      Delete